Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How many ways can you kill the hero of time??


Zelda.  She is a good girl.  I mean, she is a princess and is always in need of rescuing, so you would think that she should be nice, right?  Cause you would not think someone would want to rescue a total bitch.

"I don't give a damn Link, you should have gone through time and killed thousands of monsters quicker to get to me.  Who knows what soaps I have missed".

Someone like that does not deserve to be rescued.  At all.  I say if someone is going to be like a New Jersey housewife then they are better off being stuck by the super villain.  Cause you will never ever do anything right by her book.  (If you happen to be one of those feminists out there, then his book).

So what does this have to do with death?  Well, Link dies a lot if you screw up.  Any character dies a lot if you screw up.

Its just interesting how often it occurs.  I remember from my days of playing Tony Hawk I heard that the developers recorded droping a mannequin over a hundred times to get a realistic human crashing.  So the idea of a character falling or dying in a game plays a huge part of any story.

So far in Zelda I have only died once, however how many times my character has fallen into the sky or the sandpit or the lava, well, its insane.  I might have issues.  But there is nothing that you can prove.


I come to the subject of character death though because it is usually the reason why I stop playing.  I end up dying after stupidly not saving for awhile.  Then I lose that drive to go back and get everything that I accomplished so I go do something else.  BLAH to that.


Back to the original thought, why save someone who is a complete bitch about the situation?

Cause some crazy asian guy developed you to do it.

Damn

No comments:

Post a Comment