Saturday, January 28, 2012

Gotta love those earrings

So after my post last night I got myself to put in a good hour on Zelda, and I can easily say I got the feeling once again.

I think what happened was I had not played in awhile and I was starting to lose that lure of the game.  I got over that last night real quick.

Got some items, cruised through a temple, did some fighting.  You know how it be.


SPOILER ALERT!!

I finally got these nifty little earrings that allow one to go into the center of the volcano.  It reminds me of the Varia Suit from Super Metroid, or the different tunics you can get from Link to the Past.

I am glad though that I am fighting monsters that are not electric anymore, cause hitting them and being stunned all the time freaking blows.  I kept getting screwed over like that and before I knew it I had just 3 hearts left.  I am down with the fire bats and their fire brethren.

Something that is interesting to Skyward Sword is how you can select which items to bring with you at a time.  The previous Zelda titles that I have played have always allowed you to carry everything of yours at once, with only your sword, shield, bombs, tunic, boomerang (best weapon EVER!!) to upgrade.

Skyward however limits the items that you can bring with you, and almost everything of yours can be upgraded to some extent.  It can be a bitch however it awakens the RPG player inside me.  I LOVE IT.  I am a little crazy cause I love upgrading things.  I check my app store all the time to look for updates.  I like to take things apart and repair them or making them better.  I guess its the inner man in me.

So when you present this option in Zelda, you know I am THERE.

There is not much of a challenge in collecting the items needed to upgrade things.  I mean its as easy as just driving a mile down the road to the Home Depot to purchase things (BAM).  Its definitely a lot easier than FFXI, but that is a different story.

Back to what you can carry or not, I find myself in a predicament.  I am having to carry water back and forth from a waterfall, and I only have 3 bottles, which only one of is empty.  I won't empty the other two cause they have fairies in them and that shit saves your life.  So I am running back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.  Need to find that fourth bottle.  Yet then I have to rearrange what I can bring with me, and that will just piss me the hell off.

Decisions decisions.

SPOILER ALERT OVER!!


No comments:

Post a Comment