Monday, January 9, 2012

Diablo is spanish for Devil, asshole


So I know that in the past I said that I would limit myself to only 2-3 games going at one time.  I did this because I had only 3 available systems (PS3, handheld, Wii).  Now that I had my computer up and running again (besides the big piece of duct tape that is keeping that damn thing together) I am going to increase that number up to a maximum of 4.  I don't think that I could ever have 4 games going at one time.  That would totally drive me completely crazy.

Seriously.  I do more than that and I end up with a list of 70 something games I have never beaten.  CRAZY how that works.


Anyone here ever play Diablo?  Diablo II?  Diablo III (is so to DIII then send me a copy you selfish asshat).

Diablo is this great dark adventure game that helped to bring Blizzard to glory before WoW (the true Devil) helped to take it over the edge with much monies.

You play the game with the lights off, descending ever farther into the depths of the earth to go to Hell and find out why the town is all sorts of fucked up.  I mean seriously, there is a one legged kid selling you premium items.

How the hell did he end up with those items?  Probably stole them off the corpses of Heroes past that little shit.  Never trust him.  Waggling that little stump at you.  "Buy my wares" he says.  Blah to him.  Shun him all.  Shun him.


With that little rant over, Diablo helped to breed Diablo II which is the sequel if you couldn't figure it out.  I know so many people who have lost their lives to that game.  I remember in high school seeing so many kids bringing their laptops to athletic events just to play it.  Its just a game you would say.  Right???

No.  It has an amazing story to it as well, and the game play is greatly improved I believe in terms of gathering and storing items.  The thing that pissed me off so much on Diablo was you would have an item drop and you couldn't see anything cause it was supposed to be so "dark and brooding".  Shit, who cares.  Turn the damn light switch on for a second so I can see where the almighty sword of kill all fell.  Then Que the damn smoke machine and evil demons and the descent to Hell will continue.

I do think that Diablo was much darker than DII.  I can't completely validate that though since I stopped DI just as I got to Hell and my character was a massive weakling and could not continue.  DII presented me with the problem of losing interest after chapter 2.  Soooo now I have added them to the list of shit I gotta finish.

I think I just pissed myself in fear

No comments:

Post a Comment