Sunday, January 15, 2012

Seeing Double


For the first time ever I have two monitors on the same computer.  Its something that I have been wanting to do for years now, but never knew how exactly to do it.  Then I realized I just need a video card with two inputs and two monitors and BAM two screens.

Luckily my father and I had the same computer and monitor so after I got a VGA to DVI adapter I was able to hook up two monitors.  It has literally changed my life in terms of using a computer.

Its amazing to be able to have programs running on one monitor while I tweak with settings on the other.  The best way I have used it though is with moving files around to different drives.  Its nice to be able to pull up two drives on two monitors and just drag and drop.

I have yet though to really test the functionality of it while playing games.  I want to test it on FFXI however I don't know if my old desktop with a single core processor will agree to much to that.  I think I will try with Riven (a game I have sitting around that I have already beaten) first, then work my way up to FFXI and other games.

I can tell though that once my build is done it is going to be nice to have these hooked up to it.  Plus it will save me major moolah in not having to purchase new monitors for the computer.  I hate wasting money.

2 comments:

  1. After getting 2 monitors at work (back when I started), I had no idea how I was ever able to get anything done on one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on that. I mean, its just two screens and seems so simple, but its amazing. I don't think though I could ever handle three. Seems way too much

      Delete