Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Crossroads

Is it worth it to do the level and skill grind so common in RPG's?  I know that usually with a game you should be able to just play straight through and have at most moderate problems.  Some people, like me, are those that tend to do extra leg work so I can get all the cool things as well as get through the boss battles easier.

Thats the conundrum I am currently in when it comes to FFV.  I have a decent level currently, and the gil is pretty decent where it will just build on itself.  However I have a chance to work on my job skill.  My job skill affects what spells I can use as well as learning abilities.  There are a multitude of jobs that a character can be, however it would take an ungodly amount of hours for one to master each job for all 4 characters.  I want to level things so I can have an easier time with the later monsters plus get all the good spells and abilities.  I could also make an interesting combination with the freelancer job.
\


I just don't know if I should since I am at a pretty good location to solely work on job levels, or if I wanted to I could just continue on.  I know it sounds a little silly to have some level of concern over this, yet a lot of times I stop playing games because of this very reason.  I lose this need...or better choice of words, desire to keep doing what I am doing.  This antidesire emotion that progresses to the whole game and I find myself drifting to something new.

Maybe thats it.  Maybe I need to bite the bullet and either give up on the grind and continue on with the story, or keep my current course and reap the benefits that will follow.  Honestly, there really is no bad decision in an RPG, except the one that leads to GAMEOVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment