Friday, June 3, 2011

MMOOOOOORPG!!!

So for the faithful people (friends and family) who read this, it is time to cover the big ticket item on the list.  The elephant in the room.  Final Fantasy XI (FFXI).  An epic MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) created by Square Enix (SE) that was released for the PC, PS2, and XBOX360.  I first started playing FFXI in March of 2004, and I have been playing on and off since.  I consider FFXI one of the greatest FF games created by SE in a long time because of the complexity that it offers (it is on the same level in my opinion as some of the great single player FF games).  The story just draws you in and battling in the game does take you off your schedule easily.

I have eerily been sucked into the game and when I have to go to the restroom or get food I realize it is 3am and I have been playing since 10pm.  It just has this ability to distort time and space without you knowing.  My belief on why it is able to do this is 1 game day is 1 real life hour give or take.  Days in the game seem to progress real quick so it is easy to lose track of time.

I have been in the past pushed away from the game because of the need to have a party of people to get some of the more exciting things accomplished and no one wants to help you out.  It can be very disheartening to have that happen day after day and it took a toll.  With so many expansions and updates the list kept growing of what you could do, but I always felt jilted with no help after hours of trying to get it.  Tie this in with the fact that I kept going to periods of time with no real internet connection I ended up getting a little behind on things.

After getting back into the game I have seen that there has been changes to the system and game that make the game easier for solo play and leveling.  It also is easier to do missions and quests with the level cap at 90 and soon to be raised to 99 (like all true FF games should be).  Yet still there are certain missions I need help with.  This could be partially due to the fact that I am a Warrior and that makes me the job of a frontline melee.  Because of this I usually find myself in need of a hearty backup to keep me alive.  I am trying to raise my level on other jobs to maybe get a particular Wings of the Goddess expansion quest done.  I should go and probably call for help for it, but then I run into the problem of trying to form a party to do it and finding the time for it.  It is truly time consuming and my own life has a tendency to interfere, or is it the other way around.

Its crazy to me that I have spent so much time on one game and have not accomplished that much.  So many end game things to do and Bosses to fight that I have not even started and it makes me feel that I may never get much done.  There is so much information that has been added and it seems so crazy for one person to comprehend everything there is for this one game to offer.  Before all this new information I used to be quite knowledgeable about what was occurring, yet now I have problems with basic stat information that I should know.  FFXI is the game of INSANITY it seems.    But I will keep working on it and maybe over the summer I can get a lot of progress done on things.

Well, here is hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment