Tuesday, June 14, 2011

E x 0 + 9 / 3 = freaking awesome!!

I was thinking that I should talk a little about a very big gaming even for the world. Well, at least for America.

E3

Every summer I look forward to this event in California. I have never been (I wish I could go yet I am no developer nor real reporter, nor have I won any contest to go (I am willing to take bribes to go :) )) and it's a wish of mine to always go and to take in the great experience. I mean it has to be so exciting to experience things before they are released. The demos and the trailers and announcements are so exciting. It truly is one of those bucket list things that I would so enjoy.

Now if you have yet to guess I am a Sony fan. I love Nintendo too and I grew up on the consoles that have come through the years. Pretty sure my youth was a guest in many Super Nintendo games and game boy. I may not be a Wii fanatic, but I respect Nintendo and enjoy what they put out (I do own a Wii and do play it).

The Xbox though can go kiss my ass


I am excited for the hardware that is coming out for Sony. I do love the Vita idea and I will definitely be demoing one and probably saving my pennies to get one when it comes out. If it will support my multitude of PSone games that I need to complete for this blog then I am there. My PSP also seems to be slowly dying on me.

The Wii U controller though is something that seems peculiar in my eyes. The console itself has an HD upgrade and some other advancements but from an article that I read there are not a lot of big things with the machine itself. The main draw is the controller.

The controller is unique and interesting. However it kind of reminds me of the gba and gamecube interface that you could do with a special connection. Also makes me think of the possibilities seen with the PSP/PSVita and the PS3. The way you can have a screen in your hands that shows the same thing as what's on the tv or a different view is an idea that I experienced with the GBA and Gamecube playing The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I think though things might be a little more advances now. At least I hope they are.

I know I usually don't like to critique things on here like I have with this post, but I just felt the need to do so. Will be back tomorrow with a new entry. Been a little off track with the game list but it will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment