Sunday, April 24, 2011

DISC CHANGE!!!

The disc change screen.  It can either be a blessing or a curse, depending on the game and the person you are.  After getting the disc change screen in PE, I remembered my past with them.  Some games will have you save at the screen while others won't (PE is not one of those, at least on the PSP).  These screens though are great for you to see where you are.  Well...sometimes.

I am about 8.5 hours into PE when I get the screen when I am near the bridge. YAY  I should be halfway.  Right??  Cause I am enjoying the game, but part of me feels like I have been trudging along and its been a battle to get closer and closer to the end.  So I decide to look on www.gamefaqs.com to check where I am?  It seems that I am almost 3/4 of the way done.

Yes I should be excited to be past halfway, but part of me thinks that I should have gotten this screen earlier.  But then under closer examination I start to think that if I am past halfway now, then this crazy story needed maybe a little more length and depth to it.  Yes, it is a great game and plot, but maybe a little bit more.  I could be proved wrong though and everything will happen at the end, which sometimes happens with a Squaresoft game.

P.S.  It could also be blamed that the tech at the time of the PS was not large enough to hold all the data needed on a disc to make half of it on one disc and another half on the other.  Which is cool however sometimes ports of games onto another platform should be improved with no disc change if it were warranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment