Friday, December 16, 2011

I learned how to swim (Spoiler Alert!!)

Let me tell you something.

My damn shoulder is killing me.  Even though I be chopping things left and right in Zelda, it has taken its toll.

Since I got back from my honeymoon on Sunday, I have been playing Zelda every night trying to make some progress.  Don't get me wrong.  I love it.

Let me rephrase that.  I LOVE IT.  To me there is nothing like a good Zelda story to warm the cackles of a gamer's heart.  Its a classic.  Yes it might be a retold story over and over again, yet Nintendo has a way of coming up with ways to make it exciting.  However I got FFXI working on my old beat up PC and I want to start fiddling with that some.  I also got AC:Revelations too.  Sooooo I need to get to work on my lists.  You might be thinking "what about FFV dumbass???"  Don't worry, I have not forgotten about it.  I have been slowly working on that game as well.  There will be updates soon.  I swear

SPOILER!!!!!

I just got through the first 3 dungeons and I am now working on making the Goddess Sword better.  I just ran around in some spiritual plane (which I will give a tip of my hat to Nintendo.  I liked this aspect of running around without weapons and dodging things.  Luckily I did not have to bust out my mad Metal Gear Solid skills to get past it) to gather orbs.

Now I have one of the best and most important items in any Zelda game besides the Boomerang (if you want to debate on whether the bomb is more important I will have a post about that).

I have the Dragon Scale which allows me to swim under water.  YAY!!!!!!!!!

Its just swimming right?  No.  Its more than that.  You start off only barely crossing substances that have a liquid consistency.  Can't dive, can't even swim that fast.  Just mosey dog paddle across a small puddle.  Then you get the Dragon Scale and life is much better. You can swim better.  You can dive underwater and explore.  And that open up so much of the new world as well as the parts that you have already explored.



Now that I think about it, that means that I have to go back and re-explore those areas???

FUUUCK   I can't deal with that.   FFXI is looking a little better now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment