Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sorry about the delay, but good news

A week ago my desktop died.

I was mad.  Really mad in fact.  My hard drive seemed to have corrupted again and it would not boot through. This had been probably the 4th time it had done this and I knew that I could just keep cycling of formatting, reinstall everything, and then it crash again.

So after talking with my wonderful wife we spent the money needed and I got my computer parts for my new build.  YAY!!!

Once I got them in I spent about 2.5 hours of painstaking, massive concentration requiring, building of the computer.  I followed the manuals and the videos for building that Newegg.com provides (available here) and was able to put it all together.

Then I turned it on and...

IT WORKED!!!

I was soooo excited.  I could barely contain myself.

Once I got that done I searched for anyone that might be able to get me a copy of Windows 7, however that failed.  So I broke down and bought it.  Got it installed yesterday and have been working on copying all my data over to it today.


Man, this comp is fast.  I mean really damn fast.  Its pretty much exactly what I wanted.  My wife has told me that I need to geek out more but I am afraid that if I don't contain myself it would burst like a dam and I will never stop.  wheeeeeeeeeeeee


I have yet to test FFXI or any other games on it but I can only imagine how fast it will be once I get them up and running.  I can't wait to play games without having to put things on the lowest setting.  ahhhh  going to be so nice to do.

I really do like Win7 though.  Don't get me wrong.  I would probably get XP tattooed on me if I wanted to.  I will always have that as my favorite OS.  Hands down greatest thing Microsoft has done in the last decade or so.  Win7 though is not buggy to me.  Well, not yet.  It is very clean and bright.  Easy to read.  Warm and inviting even.

I know the history of Vista and all, and I am glad to see that this doesn't have all those issues with it.


Now, in terms of the games.  I have started FFXII-2 and I am still trying to figure out what exactly I want to say about its beginning.  It will be a good post.  I have also been working on FFIV as well and you will see those posts soon.  I promise.

As for now, I am going to keep fiddling with AMAZINGNESS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment